- This event has passed.
Saturday, 29 June 2019 @ 11:00 am - Sunday, 30 June 2019 @ 4:00 pm£5
Don your top hat, dust off your time-travel gadgets and clear your diary. Because the ever-popular Steampunkalia festival is returning to Nottingham Industrial Museum. The museum creates the perfect backdrop for all things Steampunk inspired, with its exhilarating engines, innovative instruments, and gargantuan gadgets.
The weekend is full of activities. The popular Steampunk Craft Market returns, this time in the museum itself. There’ll be loads of stallholders ready to share their wares with you, with unique gifts, costume pieces and artwork to suit any taste. As well as this, there’ll be a huge variety of wonderful performers signed up for the whole weekend. The museum will also be running some of their engines each day, including the steam engines on Sunday 30th.
Saturday’s Confirmed Acts:
– Carla the Hula-Hooper will be amazing us with her curious circus skills
– Local band Sorts will be drawing us in with a mixture of folk, punk and victoriana
– The Flying Squadron bring some sophistication in the form of an amazing Steampunk flying display
– Nottingham’s own The Cogkneys grace us with a musical variety performance to amaze all onlookers
Sunday’s Confirmed Acts:
– Steve will be performing some amazing unicycle tricks within our Gin Yard
– St John Le Fox will be performing his amazing fire-breathing skills and officiating our Tea Duelling match
– Captain of the Lost Waves will be leaving audiences in awe with his lyrical story-telling
New for 2019: there’ll be Steampunk-themed craft activities throughout the weekend, absolutely free! Plus we’re being joined by table-top game designer and enthusiast Simon Burley, who’ll be running gaming sessions for novices and enthusiasts alike.
£5 adults, £3 concessions, children FREE
With special thanks to our sponsors Corporate Hire – Event Specialists.
And Frank Key for their kind contribution to refurbish our Gin Yard.